Coaching circles are a powerful technology in the learning and development agenda of any organization or as an integral part of executive or management development programs they deliver. Our experience in leading coaching circles for years in both the private and public sectors points to a number of key insights:
- Coaching circles are a relatively low cost alternative to one on one coaching programs, yet, they effectively support people in their development and leadership role in a dynamic, challenging and safe setting.
- Within larger programs, coaching circles offer an exclusive vantage point from which to observe program participants in action and to provide just in time development feedback.
- The learning and coaching skills developed by peers inside circles also enhances the quality of their involvement in other parts of the program, i.e. through greater capacity for listening, questioning, dialogue, and feedback.
- Coaching circles create momentum for action and learning especially when held at regular intervals between more formal learning sessions or modules associated with a program (even through teleconferences).
- Coaching circles create enduring networks of people that support each other in their leadership practices over time, often well beyond the formal boundaries of the development program that brought them together.
Contact Us to explore how coaching circles can be embedded in your organization or in your management, leadership or executive development programs.
Coaching Circles® is a registered trademark of Impact Coaching Inc.